Rosyth , United Kingdom
about 1 month ago
Techniche Global are working with an engineering defence contractor to appoint an experienced HR professional to work in a fast paced environment.
As a trusted part of the People Team, you will apply your HR experience and knowledge to a range of situations, problems and issues as well as providing guidance and advice to all levels of managers and employees throughout our business. Working for the Snr HR Business Partner, you will join a team of HRBPs and HR Advisors.
The key responsibilities include:-
• To advise and guide managers in the application of Policies and Procedures that cover all aspects of the employee lifecycle.
• Playing a vital role in case management by supporting managers to investigate cases, undertake hearings and provide guidance on discipline and grievance procedures.
• Your support will also be required with any appeal processes, we like to deal with case management in a timely manner and you’ll be able to keep us on track with this.
• We’d like you to have a sound understanding of Employment Law and any updates that impact how we manage people.
• We work alongside Trade Unions in our business and it would be great if you’ve got experience of TU’s in the workplace.
You’ll need to have excellent communication and organisational skills as this is a busy role and we’ll need you to prioritise your work. Flexibility is offered from day one as you are trusted to work under your own steam, therefore you’ll need to be a self-starter and be able to use your initiative. Support will be on hand and provided by your line manager and the team, we all work together to help to get the job done.
Qualifications and experience:
• CIPD part qualified associate level.
• Experience working in a HR generalist role
• Knowledge of current employment law and understanding of potential changes
• Proficient user of Microsoft packages: Word, Excel and PowerPoint