Plymouth, United Kingdom
about 1 month ago
Techniche Global are working with a leading engineering defence contractor to appoint a HR Business Partner, to work at Devonport Dockyard. This is an initial 6 month contract.
You will lead, facilitate and support the business in the implementation of their unified People Plan – providing advice and guidance on ER and IR matters, including an explanation of implications and options related to plans and projects, and providing change management support.
A large proportion of the role will be in support of the implementation of CoE related solutions, ranging from resourcing, reward, development, culture and leadership.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
· Lead and manage the roll out and management of a HR People Plan and initiatives within a business area
· Sponsor, lead, drive and ensure the delivery of complex business change projects, ensuring alignment with the People Plan, and realisation of the business objectives.
· Develop and propose adaptations of HR activity to meet the specific remit of a business or contract, ensure alignment and delivery of HR solutions provided by CoE SME’s, People Centre, and 3rd parties.
· Support the development of appropriate skills, knowledge and behaviours across the business to enable managers and employees to achieve business objectives in support of our Purpose and Principles.
· Compile, present and disseminate business information to line managers, based on effective HR administration services and to inform them of performance issues associated with people
· Have in depth knowledge in a range of HR functional areas and a deep understanding of the techniques and approaches associated with HR activity.
· Contribute to the development of HR policy and processes for the defined area of responsibility.
· Understand the longer-term implications of decisions and have knowledge of relevant employment legislation.
· Be accountable for the delivery of large and complex change projects - strong project management skills and stakeholder engagement ability is key.
· Be informed, able to influence others, interact with senior stakeholders and possess strong communication skills.
The role leads HR project work which could include: Organisation Design, Organisation Development, Resource and Talent Planning, Performance and Reward, Employee Engagement, Employee Relations, etc.