Glasgow, United Kingdom
£450 - £500p/day
about 1 year ago
This role will be to support an IFS Application Upgrade for an engineering services company with sites across the UK.
The role will be based remotely for an initial 6 month contract, with strong possibility of extension.
Good knowledge of programming languages and libraries including Oracle - Oracle Application Express (APEX), Oracle (8i-11g) are required
General Description of Job:
- Management of the transition of applications into the production environment. Ensure all changes are tested, documented and version controlled
- Working with the Central IT function for the creation and management of the Application Development environments and libraries
- Support the management and delivery of applications and configuration of the relevant installations to ensure continuous service
- Provide a Release Management role for the promotion of application development code and configuration versions between environments
- Responsibility for process and procedures to ensure document configuration management, modification management, build management, version controls, and gate review documentation are adhered to.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd line support for applications. Resolution of issues to a permanent fix
- Implementation of minor changes and new interfaces
- Manage the acceptance and support of applications developed by third party companies.
- Perform documentation reviews and publish applications into the appropriate environment
The role will also require the successful applicant to go through baseline security clearance.