Portsmouth or Chatham, United Kingdom
£500.00 - £530.00 per day (LTD Outside of IR35)
9 months ago
IFS Technical Contractor
Rate: £500-530 per day (LTD outside of IR35)
Duration: Circa 5 months
Location: Tied to either Portsmouth or Chatham (Kent) office with some flexibility for home working.
Techniche Global are working with a Global IT Technology organisation who are currently involved in an IFS migration to SAP.
The primary locations for this work are Portsmouth, Hampshire and Chatham, Kent. Being based at one of those locations regularly (mon-fri) will be required, with occasional travel to the other. Some flexibility will be available for home working depending on project constraints. Ultimately, flexibility with locations and travel is essential.
This contract requirement will involve:
To support the IFS migration to SAP the following tasks need to be undertaken:
- Data extraction
Data files, as per the approved data object register, will be extracted from IFS RSME and IFS HOL into agreed transfer spreadsheet format.
- Integration between IFS HOL and SAP
A two-way integration ‘Interface’ between IFS HOL and SAP will be developed. Messaging will be passed / transferred between the two systems using SFTP and processed through SAP middleware.
Service Desk Incidents (Cases) logged in IFS HOL will be database triggered out as an outbound message (from IFS HOL) to be to be picked up and processed in SAP. Upon completion of the relevant work activities in SAP (e.g. Tasks, completion of Work Order etc.) a message will be sent to IFS HOL to update the status of the service desk Case and case Tasks.
- Data extraction
- Develop extraction scripts in accordance with agreed business rules (or validate any that may already exist)
- Document extraction script and process used
- Test extraction script(s), extract correct data and provide appropriate test success evidence
- Provide extracted data in the agreed (template) format for Data Load 1, 2 and for Go-Live
- Integration ‘Interface’ between IFS HOL and SAP
- Assess existing platforms and produce solution schema
- Input into design for interface
- Assess existing and/or develop IFS rules to trigger outbound messages and place the files in an agreed shared target folder location
- Collect files generated by SAP from an agreed file location and process them in IFS HOL Case / Tasks
- Complete and support testing cycles
- Produce technical specification documentation for end to end solution implemented