Romsey , United Kingdom
£22,000 - £24,500
4 months ago
Techniche Global is working with a specialised medical company based in Romsey, to appoint an Inventory Controller. In this role you will develop the site’s inventory management and perpetual inventory stocktaking strategy, with the aim of increasing and maintaining the stock integrity. The role will provide a connection between Purchasing, Production and the inventory, to ensure smooth running of the manufacturing site.
- Contribute towards the effectiveness of their department’s QMS documentation
- Maintain D365 WMS and optimise inventory transfers between warehouse, manufacturing, and service depot locations.
- Maintain inventory set up and data including but not limited to item coverage, kanbans, min/max stock levels and warehouse dimensions
- Ensure stock levels are accurate and regularly cycle counted and that stock is controlled effectively.
- Work closely with Production, Purchasing and Supply Chain Planner to ensure a consistent and efficient supply chain to satisfy customer demand
- Investigate any discrepancies or misplaced stock that arise and resolve the issue with a physical count and update WMS/D365 data to prevent future occurrences
- Produce timely stock taking reports with recommendations for management
- Effective management of scrap or excess materials including obsolete parts
- Assess stock performance, identify weaknesses and create improvement action plans
- Microsoft D365 for Finance and Operations
- Excellent IT skills, including a good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience working in a warehouse or logistics or inventory control environment
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and level of numeracy
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to find workable solutions