London, United Kingdom
£533 per day PAYE or £680.00 per day Umbrella
5 days ago
Home Based with 1 day per week office
£533-550 per day PAYE or £680-700 per day Umbrella (Inside IR 35)
Techniche Global is working with a large Banking Institution who are looking to appoint an experienced Java Developer on a long term contract assignment.
This role is home based, but will require once a week visits to the head office in London. We can consider candidates working across the UK, so long as they are happy with a once a week planned London visit.
Key Experience Required:
- Java 8
- Streaming API (feature of Java 8)
- 5-10 years hands on development experience
- Devops experience
Other Technologies which are advantageous:
• Design, best coding practices and writing unit/Integration tests
• Dependency injection framework – Spring/Guice
• Dependency management tool– Maven/Gradle
• CI/CD tools - Jenkins/Hudson/Teamcity
• Version Control – GIT/Stash
• Nosql database – Mongo or any other
• Experience of any Cloud Platform GCP/AWS
• Experience of Redis or any other caching technology
• Experience in Apache Beam
• Experience with Ansible deployment
• Experience of working with the Tick stack (Grafana / Influx DB)
• Experience of working in Finance/Banking Sector
Scope of the role:
The team would work on functional deliveries, contribute to architectural transformation which includes our journey to Cloud(GCP) and micro services architecture.
This role will carry out some or all of the following activities:
- Taking ownership for end to end delivery of tasks including requirement clarification, design, development, testing and releasing in production.
- Coordinating and collaborating with global teams in Europe and Asia.
- Working in agile environment and participate in Sprint planning, Scrum and Backlog grooming.
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes.
- Generating ideas with team members and offering insightful solutions.
- Liaise with other engineers, architects, and business stakeholders to understand the end to end data flow, which aspect of the application are critical and propose improvement to facilitate the monitoring of the platform.
- Working in Devops environment, help in resolving production issues and user queries during UK Timezone.
Candidate would be a part of small scrum team called Pod. Pod members works together to deliver end to end user stories starting from refining user stories, design, coding, testing and releasing to production.
Pod members coordinate with other teams in HSBC and business stakeholders to achieve a successful business outcome.
Design and Implement
Design technical solutions and contribute to overall platform architecture.
Hands on role, working on implementation of a set of core Java components. Candidates are expected to bring ideas and solution which helps in overall improvement of the architecture and simplification of the platform.
Help in automation of releases, monitoring and testing and also improve processes for faster cycle time to production.
Contribute to production stability and resolving users queries.
Handle production issue during the UK Timezone and work together for a quick resolution.
Ensure that all server activities are conducted in compliance with group standards, security and audit regulations to include user, data and application interfaces.