Bristol, United Kingdom
13 days ago
Job Posting Title: Junior Accountant (home based)
Description: Based remotely but travel to Bristol site when required.
Rate: £15p/hr PAYE
Techniche Global are working with an Engineering Defence Contractor to recruit a Junior Accountant. You will support the Central Services Finance Manager, assisting in the preparation/review of Central Services cost centre accounts and assisting with the consolidation of accounting information for review and monthly/quarterly financial reporting.
To be successful, you must have Advanced Excel skills and an excellent work ethic to meet tight timescales.
· Assist with the production of accounts for central services; including journal preparation, cost analysis and variance analysis
· Assist with preparation of monthly and quarterly forecasts to ensure information is complete, accurate and prepared in line with strict timetables and financial guidelines
· Assist with consolidation of contract reporting requirements
· Assist with utilisation reporting
· Assist with the external and internal audits
· Assist with Ad-hoc group requests
· Maintain strong collaborative relationships with all stakeholders
· Perform any other reasonable duties from time to time which, in the Company’s opinion are within the job holder’s capability
· Significant experience in the use of Microsoft Office suite of applications including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook. Advanced Excel knowledge essential.
· Ability to understand and manipulate data to present clear and concise financial messages for review
· Ability to ensure deadlines and targets are achieved or surpassed
· Knowledge of IFS reporting software
· A demonstrable team player
· Ability to work effectively under pressure and with minimum supervision
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ensure adherence to defined processes and work instructions
· Excellent time management skills
· Demonstrates enthusiasm, drive and commitment