£22,000 - £28,000 per annum (+Pension & Private Medical)
9 days ago
Junior Electrical Designer
Salary: £22,000 - £28,000 per annum (DOE)
Location: Full time office based East Sussex
Working Hours: 08:30 to 17:00 Monday to Friday
Benefits: Company Pension, Private Medical Care (after qualifying period)
Techniche has an exciting opportuning for a Junior Electrical Designer to work within the design of Electrical Control Systems at a Special Purpose Machine builder in Sussex.
This would suit a junior technician with industry experience of electrical engineering or a qualified college graduate that has studied electrical design or draughting. This is an opportunity to expand on skills and experience; developing their career in engineering.
The role will primarily involve working within the engineering team, supporting the Senior Controls Engineer in the detailing and layout of multiple control cabinets instrumentation, PLC hardware and HMI’s.
This is permanent position, for someone looking to develop their abilities, and become a key member of the Electrical, Controls and Instrumentation section of Design / Drawing Office under the leadership of Senior Controls Engineer.
Ideally an AutoCAD software knowledge. Ideally with some exposure to specific Electrical Design libraries such as AutoCAD electrical (similar software such as Eplan would be considered).
- Willingness to learn, understand and apply Auto-Cad Electrical draughting skills to high levels with attention to detail.
- Attention to detail in creating and maintaining circuit diagrams from Senior Controls Engineers notes and verbal instruction.
- Create accurate, detailed Bills of Materials within the company’s data base for component and material procurement on specific projects.
- To liaise with Production shopfloor wire person on circuit diagram clarifications
- To be involved in technical discussion with Senior Controls Engineer and other team members on proposed circuit diagram alterations and relevant change note procedure.
- To liaise with Mechanical Engineers on electrical / pneumatic /hydraulic project requirements
- To work with Mechanical Engineers on cabinet sizing, location, ergonomics, cable tray routings etc.
- To liaise with the Research and Development Team on wiring test rigs / actuators and sensors.
- Occasional assistance in wiring, powering up and electrical / electronic testing and problem solving within the manufacturing shopfloor and during overseas commissioning visits.
- Reside in a daily commutable travelling distance (or willing to relocate)
- In return, the candidate can expect a career and opportunity to advance their skills in a long established, stable company that is leader in their own specialist field.