Leicester, United Kingdom
£21000 - 26,000
4 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Graduate or Junior Mechanical Engineer to join a dynamic engineering team at their site in Thurmaston, Leicestershire.
Joining a dynamic team and reporting directly to the Engineering Director and Senior Engineer, the Mechanical Engineer will work with a leading manufacturer of domestic lighting systems.
You will support the full life cycle of the engineered product from initial design, through manufacturing development process and customer release.
- Work on the development of new products, based on market research and customer requirements
- Work with the Factory, Sales and Customer Service teams to identify and reduce production related errors
- Work on projects to help improve the overall performance and specification of the existing product portfolio
- Carrying out detailed design work using Solidworks CAD system
- Actively input into potential new designs
- Assist with solving customer service issues
- Carry out internal build and test of prototypes including documentation
- HND or degree qualified in a suitable subject – preferably Mechanical Engineering
- Solidworks experience or a similar CAD system.
- An understanding of electrical circuits would be useful.
- Experience of extrusions (aluminium or plastic) would be useful, but not essential
- An understanding of general processes within manufacturing would be useful.
- Able to use standard Microsoft office software, especially Excel.