South East England, United Kingdom
£55,000 - £65,000
9 months ago
Lead Controls Engineer (Home Based)
£55,000 - £65,000
Location: South East England
Working Arrangements: 3 days per week office (West London), 2 days per week from home. (During lockdown, 5 days per week from home)
Techniche are supporting a Technology Engineering Consultancy with appointing a Lead Control Systems Engineer.
This role will be the first engineer forming a new team within the Systems Integration area of a wider Controls & Instrumentation Consultancy organisation. Following the hiring of this position, a further 2 Control Systems Engineers will be hired reporting to this Lead Engineer.
The role will be responsible for leading the newly appointed team of engineers on PLC, SCADA & DCS System Integration projects. The size and scope of projects will vary from £50-500k, primarily within the Energy, Gas and Petrochemical industry sector.
The working location of this role is flexible and the company can consider candidates up to 1.5hour travel as it will only require 3 days in the office per week (West London). The other 2 days can be working from home. (During the current lockdown this will mostly be 5 days from home until restrictions ease)
- PLC Systems Design & Software Development (Any manufacturer can be considered e.g. Rockwell, Siemens, GE Fanuc etc)
- SCADA Systems Design & Software Development (Any manufacturer can be considered e.g. Wonderware Intouch, PanelView, FactoryView, WinCC etc)
- Team leadership background. Technically leading and coordinating a team of 2+ engineers.
- Ability or experience to oversee the delivery of a project from design to completion.
- Experience of Process Control applications / systems
- Background of working on Energy, Gas, Oil, Petrochemical projects
- Any knowledge or exposure to DCS or Safety Systems applications or projects.