Rosyth, United Kingdom
£20.79 per hour (£40,500pa equivalent)
9 months ago
Learning & Development Business Partner
Location: Rosyth, with some flexibility to work from home a couple of days per week
Rate: £20.79 PAYE + holiday pay & pensions (£40,500pa equivalent)
Duration: 12 months initially
Techniche are working closely with an Engineering Technology organisaiton based in Scotland. We have a role within their people development area to assist various parts of the organisaiton with helping employees learn & grow their potential.
About the role In this role
Excellent communication skills are essential as we have a complex network of stakeholders (both internal and corporately) that with their involvement can make our future learning solutions both ‘fit for purpose’ and future ready.
Ultimately you will help us succeed by training and developing our colleagues in both behavioural and technical competence
Working with the Head of Talent and Transformation your role will include creating and executing learning strategies, plans and solutions.
Evaluating individual and organisational development needs. Implementing various learning methods using the 70-20-10 model (eg coaching, job-shadowing, online training).
Designing and delivering e-learning courses, workshops and other interventions – both classroom environment and through platforms such as Zoom or Microsoft Teams.
Assessing the success of development plans and helping colleagues make the most of learning opportunities as well as measuring the return on investment for the company.
As well as supporting the facilitation of cyclical activities such as Performance Reviews, Succession Planning and Talent planning.
• Developing, designing and implementing learning strategies and solutions in line with our People Plan
• Using technologies and internal social media to drive, communicate and deliver L&D solutions that deliver both technical and behavioural competence
• Creating and maintaining competence and training records on Success Factors and shaping future functionality requirements on LMS
• Maintaining budgets and relationships with suppliers and consultants
• Ensuring that tactical in year L&D requirements are planned, fit for purpose and delivered in the most efficient way to protect productivity and to optimize the budget
• Support the group cyclical activity, ie PDRs, Talent & Succession
• Manage L&D projects and solutions in an inclusive and collaborative manner, considering stakeholder outcomes and needs
• You will need proven experience as an L&D Business Partner and be a self-starter and motivator
• Tenacious and able to positively challenge legacy approach and stimulate change through stakeholder engagement
• Current knowledge of effective learning and development methods and technologies
• Familiarity with e-learning platforms and practices
• Proficient in MS Office and Learning Management Systems (LMS)
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills, sharp business acumen
• Ability to build rapport with colleagues, key stakeholders (including Trade Unions) and Training Partners / Consultants
• Lastly, a professional certification would be a plus