Rosyth , United Kingdom
Up to £40p/hr UMB
16 days ago
Role: Marine Engineer (Naval Architect)
Rate: Up to £40 p/hr UMB
Location: Home based – reporting site Rosyth
Techniche Global are recruiting for a leading engineering defence contractor to appoint a Marine Engineer.
· Provide a technical interface with internal and external stakeholders at a detailed level.
· Carry out technical investigations and analysis to provide data for problem assessment/resolution and for design of improvements.
· Contribute to process improvement within the operational and/or design lifecycle to deliver continuous improvements in quality, cycle time and asset utilisation.
· Apply engineering domain knowledge to produce technical solutions and documentation in support of assigned task and project.
· Ensure appropriate review, verification and approval is undertaken 10. Plan, deliver and monitor assigned tasks and projects, ensuring requirements are delivered to time, quality and cost.
· Keep up to date in relevant technical areas and develop skills and capabilities to be able to provide effective delivery.
· Participate in bid preparation to facilitate the development of successful bids.
· Provide help and direction to less experienced team members to support both their effective working, and their development.
· May act as Technical Authority or Engineering Lead when authorised to do so by Chief Engineer or delegated authority.
· Experience in Weights, Master Equipment List or Arrangement & Outfit
Shipbuilding experience ideally, but will consider Aviation background or recent graduates. Can also accept Draughtsmen.
· An engineering degree qualification with demonstrable relevant experience and capability OR HND/HNC in relevant discipline with demonstrable relevant experience and capability OR OND/ONC minimum with demonstrable experience and capability, successfully completed a period of structured development and is working towards meeting the registration requirements of the Engineering Council at IEng or CEng level 1 Design and Technical Engineer Naval Architecture 5.1