Southampton, United Kingdom
£35,000 - £40,000 + Paid Overtime & 32 days holiday
5 months ago
£35,000 - £40,000 (£16-18 per hour. Overtime Paid.)
Techniche are supporting a Marine Manufacturer who specialise in the design and production of Luxury Tender vessels on the banks of the River Hamble.
Due to expansion and an increase in production levels our client are seeking a number of Marine Engineers to join there team with a focus on Electro - Mechanical Engineering & Installation projects.
- The role is workshop based in a Covid Safe Environment. The company participates in work place Covid testing.
- Working hours are 42.5 per week. Varying start and finish times (7am/8am and 4pm/5pm)
- There is plenty of overtime available which is usually done on a Saturday morning (optional)
- All overtime is paid
- 32 days holiday per annum (including bank holidays)
These projects are often very innovative, customised and bespoke. The attention to detail and quality of craftsmanship is at the highest level for this industry. Often using state of the art equipment to create unique designs and vessels. This is a great opportunity to work on unusual and high-profile marine projects.
Previous new build or maintenance on Marine applications such as Motor Yachts, Sailing Yachts, Ribs, Commercial Vessels or Ships is essential including some or most of the equipment listed below:
· Engine & drive systems (predominantly Outdrive & Jet)
· Raw water cooling systems
· Exhaust systems
· Steering systems
· Fuel systems
· Fresh water systems
· Black & grey water systems
· Auxiliary hydraulic systems (Lifting hatches, Bimini’s, drop down boarding doors etc)
· Domestic Air-conditioning systems
· Stabilisation units (e.g Seakeeper)
Additional duties may also include:
· Assist with Sea-trialling to confirm all installed systems are working correctly
· Engine room lay-outs
· Creation of part lists for various systems
· Warranty work