Peterborough, United Kingdom
£9.45 per hour
29 days ago
£9.45 per hour
Working hours: 8am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday
Techniche is working with a Global Manufacturing organisation based in Peterborough. We are supporting them with appointing a Materials Controller for their busy manufacturing site which produces high end luxury Marine Vessels.
• Knowledge of warehousing and supply chain activities
• Trained, qualified and capable in using forklift truck
• Familiar with using warehousing systems such as ERP
• Microsoft office skills and admin experience
• Ensure production lines/areas are fed with the correct materials as required and keeping the areas tidy
• Support Production to eliminate any delays in the supply of parts, materials or equipment to the Production line.
• Perform physical movement of materials from one area to another using handcarts or forklifts
• Remove stock from stores in a timely manner & locate in designated area.
• Ensure stock is stored safely and in designated areas
• Maintain line-side stock levels.
• Return any unused items to Warehouse ensuring they are adequately identified and documented to enable a Return to Stores transaction.
• Work with appropriate logistics and production personnel to resolve/prevent shortages
• Perform cycle audits and physical inventory per schedule.
• Help reconcile inventory discrepancies and report discrepancies to Supervisor.
• Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
• Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
• Resolving problems and issues as they arise to ensure adherence to the agreed production plan.
• Complete any other reasonable tasks or requests as required by your Manager, supervisor or the company.