6 days ago
he Principle Materials Engineer will support material development for all vehicle projects with a leading automotive manufacturer in Bedfordshire.
A key role within the department you will judge material performance against specification requirement and prepare material approval reports for the business.
- Technical subject matter expert for adhesives, sealants and adhesive tapes.
- Manage development of materials with global suppliers to satisfy company standards
- Ensure direct material conformance and compliance to standards and specifications by championing Control Plans, Failure Mode & Effects Analysis, Product Design Reviews, Inspection Standards, Testing and Rework Methods and Technical Specifications.
- Lead design reviews to identify potential risks of introducing material changes and develop validation test plans.
- Developing enhanced performance products and detailing the requirements with the assistance of CAE / CAD design (technical drawing) through to production plant staff support.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Knowledge on selecting and validating performance of adhesives, sealants, adhesive tapes and material joining methods in general.
- Highly organized and confident with an ability to manage projects within set deadlines
- Support component design engineers with material selection and assist in defining required performance validation test programme.
- Ability to multitask effectively within a team environment in managing priorities.
- UK Driving License holder