Plymouth, United Kingdom
£30 - 42/hour
over 1 year ago
To be based at Devonport Royal Dockyard, a small team of Mechanical Design Engineers and Senior Mechanical Design Engineers are required to support ongoing and long term marine defence projects.
You will be tasked with delivering the design scope for the MoD's submarine and warship programmes.
- With a working knowledge of Siemens NX, update documentation and CAD drawings incorporating changes and checking the outputs are aligned and consistent with the design intent.
• Process and issue documentation and drawings. Maintaining the project registers where applicable and checking that the correct versions are available
• Prepare work packages for design review and handover
• Check and maintain lifetime records for technical documentation.
- Working knowledge of Siemens NX
• Demonstrable experience and knowledge of engineering works, e.g. civil works, mechanical handling, mechanical or electrical systems / services.
• Have effective writing and presentation skills
• A proven track record in completing work packages in a highly regulated environment.
• The ability to follow an engineering process and maintain accurate records and document/drawing revision control.
The candidate will need to have or be able to hold SC level security clearance.