Bristol or Plymouth or Rosyth or Bideford or Lichfield or Warrington, United Kingdom
£27.00 - £33.00 per hour (Currently outside of IR-35)
5 months ago
Location: Various different UK office locations available. Full time office role (Covid Secure environment)
Locations include: Bristol, Plymouth, Rosyth, Bideford, Lichfield or Warrington.
Hours: 36 per week
Duration: 6 Months initially
Rate: £27-33 per hour (currently LTD outside of IR35)
Start Date: November, December or January.
Techniche are working with a large Engineering Technology contractor who are building a team of 15 Mechanical Designers for work on a new Marine Defence Project.
This will initially be for a period of 6 months but is expected to extend beyond as the project develops.
Due to the vast scope for the project we can consider contractors working in any of the 6 listed office locations: Bristol, Plymouth, Rosyth, Bideford, Lichfield or Warrington.
This will be a full-time office based role. Exisiting security clearance is not required, all clearances will be provided. All positions must start between now and January 2021.
This role is responsible for the creation of drawings, technical documentation and other design deliverables to specified standards.
Specifically, this role requires; a good understanding of Mechanical and Marine systems applicable to Naval Ships and the associated engineering and design and installation standards. The individual must be able to demonstrate competent CAD & MS Office software skills as well as good written and verbal communications.
- Experience with Marine projects. Ideally within the Defence Naval sector (frigates, aircraft carriers, cruisers, destroyers, submarines etc)
- The post holder is required to hold an NC/HNC or an equivalent engineering academic qualification in Mechanical/Piping/Marine Systems discipline subject
- Utilise Autodesk AutoCAD
- MS Office software
Details of the Assignment:
- Interpreting mechanical and marine system information from technical specifications defence standards and installation drawings
- Competent in modifying and updating mechanical system drawings and associated technical information utilising CAD systems and documentation software
- Identify impact of change within marine systems associated with other interfaced systems
- Reporting of technical progress and issues to line management
- Be aware of and ensure that; safety, health and environmental requirements are implemented
- Assist with the maintenance and improvement in quality standards of outputs