Home Based, United Kingdom
£35,000 per annum (+ Holiday & Pension)
16 days ago
Media Relations Manager – Marketing Agency (HOME BASED)
£35,000 per annum (Temp to Perm Position)
Home / Remote Based (with occasional office visits for team meetings in Berkshire)
Techniche Global are supporting a large multisector Marketing Agency with appointing a Media Relations Manager. This role can interview and appoint immediately, with a work from home/remote work setup until lockdown restrictions lift and safe office working can resume.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Comms/PR/Marketeer to focus primarily on Media & Public Relations in busy emerging sectors such as Technology, Telecoms, Computer Software, and IT Services. This will cover both UK & US clients.
With a laid back & empowering management style this agency has an envious reputation within B2B Technology. A positive ethos and proactive, fun, friendly team make this an attractive opportunity!
The Role & The Person:
The candidate we’re looking for will be a self-starter, with experience of working in media relations, either in journalism or PR. The candidate will be working across a number of our comms accounts, under the direction of the Account Director, and will be responsible for finding engaging ways to share the stories and developments of our (largely tech-based) clients.
This role demands strong attention to detail and organizational skills, and the candidate must have experience balancing a number of project requirements at any one time. In addition, excellent interpersonal skills are key to the success of this role.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing and delivering proactive and reactive media handling strategies via a variety of media channels
- Building and maintaining relationships across the business to help inform media engagement
- Providing timely, accurate and appropriate responses to enquiries from international, national and regional broadcast, online and print media
- Planning, compiling and distributing engaging material to generate positive media coverage
- Press release and outreach management, including any associated follow up
- Monitoring our media coverage and providing regular reporting
Required Skills & Experience:
To be considered for this role potential candidates must have a minimum of three years’ agency experience and must be able to demonstrate how they have built and developed relationships with journalists and / or provided strategic media handling advice to colleagues across the business.
- A minimum of 3 years Agency experience (marketing agency, PR agency etc)
- Experience in building and developing relationships with journalists, media and press contacts
- Ability and knowledge to provide strategic media handling advice to clients
- Exceptional writing, editing and verbal skills
- Experience of developing and delivering impactful coverage through a range of communication channels
- Ability to plan, deliver and evaluate work in order to improve current and future campaigns
- The ability to manage media relations across multiple projects of varying scope and size