Plymouth , United Kingdom
£40 p/hr Ltd
about 2 months ago
Location: Devonport Dockyard
Rate: £40 p/hr Ltd
Exisiting Security Clearance Require: Yes – Essential Valid SC (last used within 12 months)
Duration: 6 months initially
Techniche are working with a UK Defence Contractor to appoint 5 x Nuclear Commissioning Engineers to supervise and direct industrial staff during the commissioning of nuclear submarine systems and equipment to time, cost and quality, ensuring that all rework is identified and recorded. This work will be covering all elements of Nuclear Engineering including Electrical, Mechanical, Process disciplines.
- Nuclear site experience
- Established background in Commissioning highly regulated engineering equipment (multidisciplinary)
- Recent work on Nuclear related equipment, machinery & operations
- Exisiting SC Security Clearance (last used within 12 months is ESSENTIAL)
- BTEC Level 3 Engineering, HNC, HND or equivalent level or experience
- You will ensure the safe operation of all plant and processes under their control and to comply with the Nuclear Site Licence and Mod Authorisation Condition (LC/AC)
- Inspection, testing, calibration and commissioning of systems and equipment in accordance with authorised documentation, carrying out fault diagnosis and proposing corrective solutions. Identifying and recording defects/deficiencies ensuring that all emergent work is correctly recognised.
- Ensuring that all activities conform to professional engineering standards, quality orders, Nuclear and Submarine safety constraints. Informing the Senior Test Engineer in the event of any significant delays or any untoward events which occur.