Plymouth, United Kingdom
£35 - 45/hour
over 1 year ago
To be based at Devonport Royal Dockyard, an Obsolescence Engineer is required to support ongoing and long term marine defence projects.
You will be tasked with helping to develop and deliver the Obsolescence strategy for an ongoing project related to the MoD's submarine and warship programmes.
- Assist and Support the Design Manager in the delivery of the project scope for the review of all plant items and elements to assess for obsolescence.
• Categorise the items and highlight those requiring action.
• For each component that requires an obsolescence strategy assign a process.
• Assess which plant items and elements within plant items are critical spares
• Produce a critical spares list
• Generate the documentation required to submit the obsolescence and critical spares for review
• Attend the reviews and complete the final reports and finalised schedules.
Required Skills & Experience
• A proven track record in the generation of obsolescence reports and schedules.
• A proven track record in the generation of critical spares reports and schedules.
• Have effective writing and presentation skills
• The ability to complete work packages in a highly regulated environment.
The successful candidate will need to have or be able to hold SC level security clearance.