HOME BASED, United Kingdom
£45 - £55 per hour
over 1 year ago
Senior Oracle Developer
Existing & Valid SC Security Clearance Essential (Used within the last 12 months)
Contract; 6 months initially
Location; Home based with occasional visits to Plymouth office when required
Rate; £45-55 per hour
Techniche are working closely with a Technology and IT organisation based in Plymouth.
We are supporting them with appointing a Senior Oracle Developer for a long term contract assignment supporting highly regulated government IT projects.
• Strong experience of Oracle SQL.
• Strong experience of Oracle PLSQL.
• Powershell/bash scripting.
• Experience with working with XML/JSON files
• Developing Oracle RESTful Web Services - ORDS.
• Strong understanding and exposure to Object Oriented practices and principles with IOC experience.
• Relational databases - strong Oracle Database skills.
• Knowledge and experience of software development life cycle and approaches.
• Knowledge and experience of Agile (scrum/Kanban) methodologies and practices.
Desirable Experience (Not essential):
• Bootstrap 4, CSS.
• Unit testing experience.
• Experience with TFS Azure DevOps 2019, Build and Release Pipelines.
• Knowledge of ERP systems (IFS)
• Experience with continuous integration and deployment.
• Microsoft SQL Server - T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS
- You will be responsible for developing and maintaining new and existing Oracle based applications, working with SQL and Oracle PLSQL, Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports, Apex and Formspider.
- You should be confident at highlighting issues, providing estimates and delivering progress reports to project managers and your team leader.
- You will work with the team and follow the established quality process and coding standards.
- You will be joining an established team responsible for delivering Oracle services to meet customer requirements and departmental standards.