Home / Remote Based, United Kingdom
£50.00 per hour (Outside IR-35 & Home Based)
20 days ago
Oracle Developer (x2) – Contract Assignments
Location: Remote / Home Based (Full IT setup for remote working)
Security Clearance: Exisiting & Valid SC (used within the last 12 months is essential)
Rate: up to £50/hour
Duration: Anticipated 6+ months initially
Techniche are working with a UK Defence Contractor to appoint a number of Oracle Developers for various Critical Defence Technology Systems Projects. These roles will be home based and a full remote IT setup will be provided.
Exisiting & Valid SC Security Clearance is essential for these contract assignments.
- Strong experience of Oracle SQL.
- Strong experience of Oracle PLSQL.
- Powershell/bash scripting.
- Experience with working with XML/JSON files
- Developing Oracle RESTful Web Services - ORDS.
- Strong understanding and exposure to Object Oriented practices and principles with IOC experience.
- Relational databases - strong Oracle Database skills.
- Knowledge and experience of software development life cycle and approaches.
- Knowledge and experience of Agile (scrum/Kanban) methodologies and practices.
- Bootstrap 4, CSS.
- Unit testing experience.
- Experience with TFS Azure DevOps 2019, Build and Release Pipelines.
- Knowledge of ERP systems (IFS)
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment.
- Microsoft SQL Server - T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS
The role of Senior Oracle Developer is part of the Oracle Services Team and reports directly to the Oracle Services Team Leader.
Working with a team of Oracle Developers, Testers, Analysts, Project Managers and Solution Managers throughout the software development life cycle, following Agile principles.
To develop technical solutions to support business processes within the organisation and to support updates to existing solutions. This role will take responsibility for developing software against business requirements, both functional and non-functional. Also providing guidance to other team members and participate in continuous improvement for the development process.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Responsible for developing and maintaining new and existing Oracle based applications, working with SQL and Oracle PLSQL, Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports, Apex and Formspider.
- Confident at highlighting issues, providing estimates and delivering progress reports to project managers and your team leader.
- Working with the team and follow the established quality process and coding standards.
- Joining an established team responsible for delivering Oracle services to meet customer requirements and departmental standards.
- Responsible for providing technical help/mentoring and product knowledge where needed to junior members of staff.