Portsmouth, United Kingdom
£200-250 per day LTD, or £160-190 per day PAYE (£40-50kpa) – Rate with depend on qualified or not.
11 months ago
Overheads Accountant (Part-Qualified or Qualified)
Location: Home / Remote Based. 1 day per week in Portsmouth Office
Duration: 6 Months
Rate: £200-250 per day LTD, or £160-190 per day PAYE (£40-50kpa equivalent) – Rate with depend on qualified or not.
Hours: 37 Per Week
Techniche are supporting a large corporate Engineering and Technology organisation with appointing an Overheads Accountant (Part-Qualified or Qualified) on an interim basis for initially 6 months.
The role will be based fully remote (home based) during the current lockdown period. It will then remain a remote/home based role for the remainder of the contract, but with occasional office visits (once or twice a week to Portsmouth). Local candidates are preferred due to the ad hoc short notice nature of the office visits.
- Part Qualified (ACA or ACCA or ACMA or AAT)
- Experience of audit processes
- Technical account experience (ideally including IFRS and UK GAAP)
- Ability to capture, understand and manipulate data for reporting purposes
- Experience with Financial IT applications (Ideally SAP)
- Ideally to have had experience in a large corporate organisation with a group reporting structure
- Focus on central finance functions
- Posting journals
- Working towards reports for month end
- Month-end financial transactions to ensure completeness and accuracy of financial reporting
- Support of Business Unit management accounts on a monthly basis including income statements, balance sheets, working capital, cash management and order book
- Support consolidation and presentation of Business Unit results including relevant financial results, variance analysis
- Support delivery of Business Unit monthly reporting packs, strategic plan financials, budgets and forecasts
- Adherence to all reporting timetables for monthly actuals, budget and forecast submissions
- Ensuring compliance with Group Finance policies and procedures (including initial review and challenge of internal audit questionnaires as completed by the Business Unit’s)
- Ad-hoc Business Unit reporting, including responding to Sector and Group on urgent technical queries arising in respect of Business Unit submissions.
- Ensuring the completeness of response to the external auditors in respect of audit deliverables
- Full understanding of ERP structure and implications of changes implemented
- Identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of the services provided ensuring engagement with individuals who can validate and progress those opportunities.