Peterborough, United Kingdom
£50,000 - £55,000 + Benefits
3 months ago
£50,000 - £55,000 + Benefits
Peterborough (Occasional travel may be required to dealerships in the region)
Techniche Global is working closely with a Global Manufacturing Organisation based in Peterborough. The company are seeking to appoint a Parts Manager who will oversee all After Sales technical services and parts supply. The role will be responsible for 3-5 direct reports. The team will consist of parts coordinators, technical support technicians and warranty claims specialists.
- Experience in a Parts Management, Technical Services, Engineering components or parts role
- Experience within an engineering parts industry sector such as; Automotive, Aerospace, Marine, Heavy Engineering
- Recent and functional knowledge of aftersales computer systems, parts database systems and processes
- Management & leadership experience (overseeing more than 2 people)
- Commercially astute
- Problem solver and decision maker.
- Analytically minded, with the ability to manipulate and present data effectively.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
The Parts Manager will oversee the parts sales and warranty processes. Providing oversight to the team and the processing of sales orders and warranty claims.
- Ensuring the highest levels of dealer support is provided for end user satisfaction and retention is achieved.
- Developing and delivering a progressive dealer & product support offering.
- Managing all warranty claims.
- Owning and managing the warranty process, including investigation and corrective actions.
- Supporting continuous improvement processes regarding product quality, working with Design, Production & Supply Chain as required
- Acting as a main contact for Dealers.
- Providing technical product support to dealers and their customers to ensure all product ranges are operated within their parameters.
- Authorising warranty or goodwill support in line with the Company authorisation matrix to achieve budgetary requirements.
- Maintaining and reviewing monthly metrics associated to warranty claims and special projects, as required.
- Performing warranty reviews on incoming claims, ensuring the product is within warranty and the supporting documentation is correct for each claim.
- Ensuring all claims are input accurately into the ERP and record system.
- Responsible for the profitable operation of spare parts & company obsolete parts business, ensuring appropriate stock is held and managed, competitive pricing, and offering seasonal promotions through a range of avenues & markets.
- Producing accurate and timely quotations for field support work outside warranty period.
- Ensuring all reporting systems and tools are kept up to date and communicated on time.
- Controlling and minimising the financial impact to the business.
- Attending meetings that may be necessary in the performance of your duties.
- Complying with and upholding Company policies and procedures.
- Undertaking any additional tasks as may be required from time to time.