Ipswich, United Kingdom
£26,000 - £30,000 + o/t; Saturday x1.5 + Sunday x2 and £200 per day abroad
7 months ago
Role: PDI Technician (Luxury Boats)
Rate: £26,000 - £30,000 + o/t; Saturday x1.5 + Sunday x2 and £200 per day abroad
Location: Ipswich with occasional travel to other countries
Techniche are supporting a Luxury Marine Manufacturer based in Ipswich to appoint a Pre-Delivery Inspection Technician. This role will involve PDI responsibilities as well as other commissioning and pre-delivery duties.
The boats that this will be working on are high-end, luxury craft ranging in size from 30ft performance boats up to 80ft cruising flybridge motor yachts.
This role doesn’t require any previous marine industry experience. But someone who has an interest in boats would be advantageous.
The position would suit someone who has a background in doing pre-delivery inspections, vehicle checks, quality checks, or any form of product checking.
You will have excellent attention to detail to support in the pre-delivery commissioning process in line with quality / manufacturing standards. You will be receiving and preparing new boats for launch and sea trials and providing support for product handovers and customer visits.
You will work with our customers and dealer network and meet our strict dispatch deadlines.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office packages.
- Ability to travel with valid passport and full driving licence.
- Excellent technical skills, providing a finish of the highest standards, with familiarity across the range of our clients products (current and historic).
- Professional, polite, courteous, well presented, strong communication skills, attention to detail is essential.
- Experience in marine finishing / boat building / shipwright would be ideal but is not essential. Other transferrable industries such as vehicle sales, product inspection, quality inspection will be considered.
MAIN DUTIES/KEY TASKS
- Preparing product for business reviews and assessments as part of ongoing quality improvements and feedback into new product.
- Assisting with new yachts audits and continuous feedback to business support departments.
- Completing re-work and finalisation preparations to required standards.
- Supporting post-production customisation work, as required.
- Ensuring reporting systems/tools are kept up to date and achieve deadlines set.
- Attending field-based tasks, worldwide, to undertake warranty and service activity as required.
- Supporting field audits of PDI and warranty issues as appropriate or upon request.
- Providing support for national and international boat shows and events, as required.
- Attending meetings that may be necessary in the performance of your duties.
- Complying with and upholding Company policies and procedures.
- Undertaking any additional tasks as may be required from time to time.