Croydon, United Kingdom
£50,000 - £55,000 + Bonus, Share Scheme & Benefits
about 1 month ago
Planning Manager / Demand Manager – Supply Chain
£50,000 - £55,000 per annum
Based on site 5 days a week, full time (occasional home working in-line with flexible working policy)
Benefits include pension, bonus, share scheme, life assurance, group perk benefits
Techniche are supporting a Global Advanced Manufacturing organsiaiton with appointing a new Planning Manager within their Supply Chain area.
The company manufacture over 2000 different variations of product and supply over 30 different industry sectors here in the UK and overseas.
This role will be Managing a team of 4 production and demand planners. It will be a hands on roll, whilst also developing and mentoring the team members to mirror the level of growth the overall business is seeing.
The company has experienced significant growth in recent years, this is a really exciting time to join the business as they continue on their growth trajectory, investing in their supply chain, systems and processes. Part of this role will also involve a future ERP system upgrade which is due in 2021/2022.
- Practical working knowledge of ERP systems, ideally at “super user” level.
- Knowledge of planning and systems (ERP)
- Knowledge of manufacturing environment
- Practical understanding of lean business techniques, e.g. 5S or 6 Sigma
- At least 5 years planning management experience within a manufacturing environment
- Practical experience of ERP systems
- Experience of continuous improvement within planning
- Proven people management experience with the ability to motivate and develop a high performing team.
To manage the Planning team so that manufacturing planning and inventories at all levels from raw materials to fabricated products are optimised and customers are supplied with their requested goods on-time, at an economic cost.
To support the drive for a process thinking culture which is performance based and looking for continuous improvement at all levels.
- The management of the planning team (circa 4 employees)
- The delivery of a number of manufacturing plans on a pre-agreed basis including material requirements planning at 2,3,4,5,6 and 7 levels of stock using the company ERP planning system. The communication of these plans and their relevant aspects to different groups within the company namely CSRs, Manufacturing, Fabrication, Purchasing etc and colleagues in different regions such as AAL and Walton, USA.
- The development of planning tools using the company ERP system and other systems to provide improved manufacturing planning and stock management.
- The ownership of the Demand and Supply Planning steps of the company Sales and Operations Planning system, ensuring Demand and Supply plans are produced on time each month; organisation and running of the monthly Supply Planning meeting within this process. To translate Master Production schedules into capacity plans, recognising the limits of production capacity, coordinate medium & long term demand vs. capacity reviews through the S&OP process
- Responsible for the production of monthly KPIs, reports and other data required to measure the success of business operations both within the supply chain and where required across the whole business including lead times, schedule performance and capacity management.
- The set up, maintenance and regular review of safety stock levels both at Croydon and appropriate regional locations to reduce the risk of non- or late supply to customers. This stock may be in raw material, slab or sheet form.
- The building and regular monitoring of a stock model for stock at all levels, which attempts to identify the optimum stockholding of products accounting for their inventory value, replenishment lead times, both internal manufacturing and external procurement (including the exploded Bill of Materials) that also takes into account requirements of non-standard products and customer agreements.
- Working with commercial and marketing colleagues review on a pre-agreed basis the product range for slow and non-moving, obsolete stock making recommendations for write-offs and SKU rationalisation.
- Responsible for daily, weekly and monthly stock adjustments across the business in line with the company authority levels. Management of a perpetual inventory process counting Croydon based stock at intervals appropriate to their throughput. Management of the annual Croydon site stocktake of raw materials, semi- and manufactured goods.
- To implement processes where value streams are constantly measured, challenged & improved in terms of eliminating waste & improving the service offering to the market-place.
- To define & establish working procedure best practice through the supply chain.