Newbury, United Kingdom
£25,000 - £30,000 (6 month contract initially /Temp to Perm)
about 1 year ago
PR Account Executive (Public Relations)
£25-30k (6 month fixed term contract initially)
Berkshire. Initially home/remote based during COVID19.
Techniche Global are supporting a large multisector Marketing Agency with appointing a PR Account Executive. This role can interview and appoint immediately, with a work from home/remote work setup until lockdown restrictions lift and safe office working can resume.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Marketeer to focus primarily on Public Relations in busy emerging sectors such as Technology, Telecoms, Computer Software, and IT Services. This will cover both UK & US clients.
With a laid back & empowering management style this agency has an envious reputation within B2B Technology. A positive ethos and proactive, fun, friendly team make this an attractive opportunity!
The role will require exisiting experience of working within a Marketing Agency (minumum 1-2 years) managing and retaining customer accounts. Ideally with good Public Relations / Media Liaison exposure.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Strong editing and copywriting skills
- Confident and proactive approach towards media relations
- Ability to plan communications programmes, incorporating both strategy and tactics
- Take responsibility for delivering agreed level of activity and meeting deadlines
- Ability to prioritise workload and respond to client briefs on time and within budget
This role will be working across several PR accounts, under the direction of the Account Manager, and will be responsible for the day-to-day delivery of account tasks and requirements. This role demands strong attention to detail and organisational skills and the candidate must have experience balancing several projects at any one time. In addition, media liaison experience and excellent interpersonal skills are key to the success of this role.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing press and media relationships with contacts in the Tech & Telecoms B2B sector
- Developing and managing a client communications plan, based on client requirements
- Includes identifying the most effective approach, media contacts and output
- Researching and writing press releases, thought leadership articles, rapid response commentary and blogs
- Building and developing business relationships with a range of client stakeholders
- Liaising with external suppliers