Home Based Initially, United Kingdom
£30,000 - £33,000
4 months ago
PR Account Manager
Berkshire. Initially home/remote based during COVID19.
Techniche Global are supporting a large multisector Marketing Agency with appointing a PR Account Manager. This role can interview and appoint immediately, with a work from home/remote work setup until lockdown restrictions lift and safe office working can resume.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Marketeer to focus primarily on Public Relations in busy emerging sectors such as Technology, Telecoms, Computer Software, and IT Services. This will cover both UK & US clients.
With a laid back & empowering management style this agency has an envious reputation within B2B Technology. A positive ethos and proactive, fun, friendly team make this an attractive opportunity!
The role will require exisiting experience of working within a Marketing Agency (circa 2-4 years) managing and retaining customer accounts.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Strong editing and copywriting skills
- Confident and proactive approach towards media relations
- Ability to plan communications programmes, incorporating both strategy and tactics
- Ability to manage accounts and gain trust and respect of clients
- Take responsibility for delivering agreed level of activity and meeting deadlines
- Ability to delegate to Account Executives or in assigning tasks across the team
- Ability to prioritise workload and respond to client briefs on time and within budget
This role will be working across several PR accounts, under the direction of the Account Director, and will be responsible for the day-to-day delivery of account tasks and requirements. This role demands strong attention to detail and organisational skills and the candidate must have experience balancing several projects at any one time. In addition, media liaison experience and excellent interpersonal skills are key to the success of this role.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing and managing a client communications plan, based on client requirements
- Includes identifying the most effective approach, media contacts and output
- Researching and writing press releases, thought leadership articles, rapid response commentary and blogs
- Building and developing business relationships with a range of client stakeholders
- Leading client meetings and producing contact reports
- Supervising Account Executives and other junior staff
- Liaising with external suppliers