Warrington, United Kingdom
Up to £55 p/hr Ltd
about 1 month ago
Location: Home based initially – reporting site is Warrington
Rate: Up to £55 p/hr Ltd
Duration: 6 months initially
Techniche are working with a UK Defence Contractor to appoint a Principal Civil, Structural and Architectural Engineer to form a leading role within a dynamic design team undertaking the design of a major nuclear decommissioning project. You will have a good understanding of existing reinforced concrete structures and any modification of same.
The projects you undertake will principally be in relation to design of structures associated with state-of-the-art mechanical handling equipment and their process and electrical systems, but can also involve stand-alone civil/structural tasks for a range of sectors. For example, structural inspections and site surveys. These surveys will be undertaken primarily for sites across the UK with some projects based internationally.
Due to the nature of our projects, you will design to various normal and extreme loading scenarios, including seismic design. You will provide technical leadership and expertise, and you will take on the role of Technical Lead on specific projects when required.
Due to our vast experience within the nuclear industry, we are often trusted to undertake projects through the entire project lifecycle, and you may therefore have an opportunity to be involved in, or lead projects from initial scheme and concept design, to engineering and detailed design, overseeing construction, right through to eventual decommissioning. This is particularly unique within a consultancy environment and what makes our projects and work so rewarding.
- Significant experience in the design of structures in reinforced concrete and steelwork. The initial project would involve steelwork design and assessment of existing facilities.
- It would be advantageous but not necessary to have previous experience within the nuclear industry and design for seismic loading.
- Awareness and experience of using the latest design codes and standards.
- Understanding of the relevant legal and regulatory standards.
- Delivering structural / civils design to support Nuclear projects, inspections and construction site support on projects within the UK and, potentially, overseas. Work encompasses the full lifecycle of a project.
- Concept and Feasibility studies for multi discipline design projects.
- Analysis and Design using engineering software such as Staad.
- Preparation of Calculations, CDM activities, Basis of Design, Material Specifications, Scopes of Work, Technical reports, Inter discipline design coordination and supervision.
- Liaise with Technicians in the preparation of Revit models.
- Degree Qualified (BEng or MEng), Civil / Structural Engineer
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer with membership of ICE or IStructE, or working toward full membership of ICE or IStructE. These requirements are desirables but consideration will be given to relevant experience.