£28.05 - £32.34 per hour
6 months ago
Working with a leading automotive manufacturer a Design and Project Engineer for Instrument Cluster / Head-up display is required for an automotive OEM in Bedford.
• Development of Instrument Cluster, Head-Up Displays and Displays to meet Design and Test standards.
• Lead design reviews to ensure the parts under development are delivered in line with program requirements for cost, quality and timing.
• Maintain part BOM across European vehicles.
• Prepare functional specifications through discussion with system owners, customer orientated engineering, styling and trim engineers.
• Review and approve part drawings submitted by suppliers.
• Manage in-house and supplier validation of the parts.
• Resolve technical issues with in-house test departments and suppliers.
• Support vehicle development builds at European manufacturing sites. Investigate, contain and resolve issues as they arise.
• Conduct vehicle life cycle cost reduction idea generation and implementation.
• Lead vehicle life cycle warranty investigations and countermeasure implementations.
• Prepare and present development status and strategy plans to Senior Management.
Deliverables and KPIs
• judgements at development Design Reviews.
• Achievement of part cost versus budget.
• Closure of quality concerns within agreed timescales.
• No BOM errors affecting vehicle build.
Engineering degree or equivalent.
• Experience of Instrument Cluster, Head-Up Displays or Displays development within automotive industry.
• Understanding of electrical theory related to the parts and connected circuits.
• Familiar with software development and validation methods.
• An understanding of LIN or CAN communication and tools.
• Familiar with Nissan electrical architecture or other similar automotive architecture.
• Experience of BOM management.
• Understanding of manufacturing techniques used for the parts.
• Experience of the parts cost drivers and budget setting.
• Knowledge of 3D CAD tools.
• Well organised and a good communicator.
• Have supplier management experience.
• Able to travel in the UK and abroad sometimes at short notice, typically for a few days to 2 weeks.
Competent with PC applications (MS office etc).