South Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
£42.03 PAYE / £55 p/hr Ltd
5 months ago
Role: Principal Engineer
Location: South Gloucestershire
Rate: £42.03 PAYE / £55 p/hr Ltd
Duration: Initial 6 month contract
Techniche are working with an engineering defence contractor to appoint a Principal Engineer who has substantial demonstrable experience (post degree qualification) covering a range of engineering and/or technical topics including design, analysis, specification, safety case support, installation, commissioning, and supervision of staff/contractors. This would ideally be covering a variety of tasks or projects across a range of complexities.
You will need:
- Nuclear industry or other safety or regulated industry preferred.
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer or Scientist.
- Corporate member of one or more relevant professional institutions. Fellow preferred.
Engineering or Science degree.
You will provide or deliver engineering conceptual and detailed design, drawings, modelling, calculations, and technical solutions in the delivery of customer funded tasks and/or projects. You may be tasked to act as the Technical Lead or Functional Lead on tasks or projects, managing teams to deliver engineering and technical solutions. Supporting peers and more junior members of staff, you may have line management responsibilities.
As well as performing tasks outlined in the Key Result Areas of a Senior Engineer, a Principal Engineer will undertake the following:
- Assessing and approving concessions and technical queries.
- Establishing, leading and maintaining the engineering configuration, ensuring that the overall Design Intent and integrity is maintained throughout design development and subsequent changes.
- Preparing quality plans for single and multi-discipline work packages.
- Leading and preparing discipline answers and estimates for bids.
- Supervising senior engineers/technical specialists within same or multi discipline teams.
- Ensuring that adequate Reviewing, Verifying & Approval is undertaken on all their deliverables and for those under their direct control and supervision.
- Leading and providing peer assistance of bids, tasks, designs or projects.
- Representing the discipline to customers, regulatory and external bodies.
- Independent assessment of the technical basis of claims and disputes.
- Reviewing industry best practice for implementation.
- Management responsibilities