Plymouth , United Kingdom
£55p/hr Ltd / £41.50 p/hr PAYE
6 months ago
Rate: £55p/hr Ltd / £41.50 p/hr PAYE
Duration: 12 months
Security: SC (willing to obtain) - Preference to already cleared candidates
Techniche is working with an engineering defence contractor to appoint a Principal QA Engineer - Compliance Functional Support. This role sits with nuclear and supports a new major infrastructure project. You will provide functional support (process/people & tools), and facilitate effective and efficient LC/AC Compliance.
The Principal QA Engineer – Compliance Functional Support will provide assurance of MIP Project compliance with DRDL arrangements for LC/AC Compliance and to facilitate risk-informed decision making and continuous improvement. Responsibilities will include:-
- Provide support and guidance and technical advice to MIP core and project staffs on LC/AC compliance requirements, particularly maintaining organisation capability, project handover arrangements and intelligent customer obligations (LC17 & 36)
- Contribute to ongoing development of Processes & Standards supporting DRDL’s LC/AC compliance arrangements in the BMS
- Provide input to the Level II assurance of MIP projects compliance with LCs/ACs to facilitate risk-informed business decision making and continuous improvement
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences
- Development, oversight and assurance of compliance with management arrangements ensuring the organisational capability to effectively and efficiently deliver nuclear engineering projects within a matrix organisation. Including provision of functional support to ensure compliance with LC36, and organisational change with a Licensee’s organisation.
- Must be an experienced and skilled engineer who understands the concepts and principles in a generalist subject area; designs, develops or contributes to determination of solutions to problems and issues in a generalist subject area. Able to work on a range of engineering problems involving some complexity.
- Discipline experience in one or more of the following engineering areas: Civil/Structural; Mechanical; Electrical (Power); Control & Instrumentation; Fluid Systems; Nuclear; Nuclear Safety; Process
- Nuclear Regulation and compliance with License and Authorisation Conditions
- Relevant Level 6 Qualification or recognised professional status or significant experience in relevant engineering/scientific discipline and Level 5 Qualification.