Plymouth, United Kingdom
£40 - 50/hour
7 months ago
The Principal Engineer will be key in supporting a major infrastructure upgrade and modernisation programme within Devonport Royal Dockyard.
As Principal Engineer you will provide technical leadership and expertise, and you will take on the role of Technical Lead on specific projects when required.
You will understand concepts and principles, shapes, designs, developments and determine a solution to functional issues, undertaking the most complex work within the subject area.
These roles are available on long term 12 month+ contracts for multi-year projects at Devonport.
• Oversight, verification and leadership for the preparation of Calculations, CDM activities, Basis of Design, Material Specifications, Scopes of Work, Technical Reports, Inter-discipline design coordination and supervision.
• Working with integrated multi-disciplinary teams to deliver high profile projects.
• Provide technical support to other members of the team.
• Ensure all work to be carried out with a positive attitude toward safety, both in design and in the office environment.
• Responsible for the management of project delivery.
• Degree Qualified (BEng or MEng), Civil / Structural Engineer
• Chartered or Incorporated Engineer with membership of ICE or IStructE.