Telford, United Kingdom
£14.66 p/hr PAYE
about 1 month ago
Techniche Global are working with an engineering defence contractor to appoint a Procurement Administrator. You will be responsible for the sourcing of parts which have no defined route to purchase or contract, supporting workshop and authority requirements and assisting with low value purchasing activities. You will ensure the timely procurement of spare parts in line with business priorities, raise requests for quotation with the supply base and perform quotation analyses on the responses.
This role is based in Telford and currently is offered as a hybrid site/home based set up, working 3 days on site and 2 days from home.
- Reporting on sourcing activities and adherence to planned delivery dates to the Category Manager.
- Perform robust analyses of quotations from suppliers, taking into account price, lead time and quality requirements.
- Interaction and effective team working with the wider Procurement organisation including Category Management, Contract Let and Supplier Development
- Stakeholder engagement with members of staff/other functions.
- Be able to read technical drawings to facilitate discussions with new potential suppliers.
- Provide regular feedback to the Workshop Supply Chain team regarding sourcing of alternative spares.
- Liaise with the Engineering function to obtain the correct approvals for the use of alternative parts.
- Provide purchase statistical information to management on request.
- Run RFQs for goods and services to achieve key contractual and business targets in respect of Capital Equipment, Repair of TE, Calibration Services, Consumable Spares, Indirect and Corporate Procurements.
- Contract Amendments, minute writing, Trade Control documents and SAP Agreement management.
- Check planned orders within ERP system for demands and assess their importance in line with business priority directives.
- Support any other ad-hoc tasks, as requested by management.
- Experience in Procurement, Supply Chain or a Commercial discipline, including RFQs, Supply Chain Management.
- Process driven with exceptional attention to detail and with technical administration skills.
- CIPS 4 or willingness to achieve is essential
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience exposure to public sector contracting is desirable but not essential