Telford , United Kingdom
9 months ago
The Sourcing Officer will have experience and background within procurement and supply chain background. This role will be supporting a multinational engineering services company who work in the defence sector.
- Responsible for the sourcing of parts which have no defined route to purchase or contract, supporting workshop and authority requirements and assisting with low value purchasing activities.
- Ensure timely procurement of spare parts in line with business priorities, raise requests for quotation with the supply base and perform quotation analyses on the responses.
- Perform robust analyses of quotations from suppliers, taking into account price, lead time and quality requirements
- Liaise with the Engineering function to obtain the correct approvals for the use of alternative parts.
- Work with business stakeholders to ensure suppliers meet contractual commitments
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to work closely with all relevant stakeholders to ensure a smooth transition
- Ability to relate to both client and customer needs at all levels with respect to operational delivery requirements
- CIPS 4 or relevant equivalent would be desired but not essential
Due to the nature of the position candidates must be UK/EU citizens who have lived in the UK for the last 5 years.