Southampton, United Kingdom
£22,000 - £25,000 Per Annum
6 months ago
Date: Immediate Start
Interviews: via telephone/skype
Location: Initially remote/home based, until the office opens in the coming months. Then this will be full time (mon-fri) office based in Romsey, Southampton
Techniche is working in partnership with a Global Manufacturing organisation based on the outskirts of Southampton
Due to growth and increased demand from the medical & healthcare market, the organisation is seeking a Procurement Coordinator.
This role will initially be for a 6 month period but has a strong likelihood of being extended further or becoming a full time staff position.
The organisation supply products and service to the Healthcare market and are also going through a new ERP implementation. So, this is an extremely busy time for them, so this role will offer great variety.
Varied ‘hands on’ role for someone who wants to get involved with all aspects of Procurement, Purchasing & Supply Chain. Responsible for chasing all purchase orders with suppliers, constantly reviewing and updating existing orders and expediting overdue orders and updating internal departments as required to enable continuous production of equipment.
- Review and update existing orders with suppliers, as well as expediting overdue orders and updating internal departments as required. This relates to stand alone orders as well as blanket orders
- Create and place planned orders from ERP generated requirements, and create new sub-contract orders from planned works orders, raising purchase orders, works orders and pick lists
- Source and manage new and existing supplier accounts and create/update vendor trade agreements
- Raise non-inventory orders after authorisation
- Any other administration/duties within the department as required
- Work totally within authorised Standard Operating Procedures
- Contribute towards the effectiveness of their department’s QMS documentation
- Previous experience of working in Procurement/Purchasing/Supply Chain
- Thorough knowledge of the Procurement/Purchasing function and how it fits within the wider Supply Chain function
- Experience of working with an ERP system
- Excellent IT skills, including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent administration skills, level of numeracy, attention to detail & written and verbal communication skills
- Good organisational skills, and persuasion and negotiation skills