Rosyth, United Kingdom
4 months ago
Job Posting Title: Procurement Manager
Location: Rosyth (must be willing to go to site, not remote role full time).
Techniche Global are working with a leading engineering defence contractor to appoint a Procurement Manager to be accountable for contract management of work packages from inception through to contract closure, ensuring supply chain key deliverables are met to agreed project costs, schedule and quality. You will have responsibility for multiple work packages and typically c.£30m expenditure.
· Must have project contract procurement experience.
· Extensive experience in managing contract delivery in construction, engineering or manufacturing sectors (mid-level experience in contract management)
· Advantageous to have a strong Engineering background and experience of complex engineering projects with EPC methodologies
· Engineering Degree or equivalent through work experience
· Project Management or equivalent professional qualification
· Managing contract deliverables, supplier progress and performance to ensure effective delivery of contracted requirements
· Managing contract risks and change, and implementing effective mitigations to meet project cost, schedule and quality requirements
· Supporting the delivery of project objectives through the rigorous management of supplier performance with regular progress reporting and stakeholder engagement
Key Technical Skills
· Knowledge and practitioner of Project Management principles and practice
· Good understanding of contract terms and conditions and the ability to manage flow-down terms from customer contracts
· Experience of standard form contracts i.e FIDIC, NEC3, LOGIC and BIMCO
· Cost control, earned value management, planning and budgeting
· In depth understanding and management of contract change and control of variations
· Knowledge and practitioner of contract management, supply principles, processes and practice
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
· Well-developed ability to manage budgets and interpret financial data
· Develop and manage supplier performance to deliver on schedule and within budget
· Change mind-set with a strong work ethic and ability to manage ambiguity