Bristol , United Kingdom
£45 - £50 per hour Ltd
almost 2 years ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Procurement Manager to join a leading Multinational Engineering Defence company. Working within their Technology Centre in Bristol, you will lead the purchasing team, ensuring that they are managed effectively and all purchasing duties are carried out effectively, achieving objectives and service levels.
- Lead, control and manage a Procurement team such that staff are developed, utilised and deployed effectively, employee performance and motivation is maximised to meet organisational standards and requirements
- Develop and implement plans, approaches, schedules and improvement programmes to deliver ongoing monthly, quarterly and annual KPIs, SLAs and objectives for a department or unit
- Review team performance to ensure that all work is completed within agreed timescales, such that work is distributed across staff effectively and service levels are achieved
- Co-ordinate the process for tendering of work by suppliers, ensure tender documents are prepared and dispatched to companies and organisations invited to tender, and that subsequent submissions are handled professionally until the order is placed
- Ensure that a programme of supplier and sourcing reviews is carried out, that suppliers are monitored and managed and where appropriate alternative sources are identified that are to the further benefit of the business
- Maintain and build business relationships with suppliers, working to identify opportunities to improve the level of services or reduce the cost of items purchased
You will have full managerial control for the team, as well as personal responsibility for key suppliers or major supply categories. You must have considerable purchasing experience and a full CIPS membership/qualification.
If you have the necessary skills and experience, APPLY NOW!