Plymouth, United Kingdom
£36 - 40,000
6 months ago
Working with a leading marine company based in Plymouth, the Production Manager will be responsible for leading a team of workshop staff of various disciplines to ensure high quality products are produced in a safe and efficient manner whilst meeting schedule requirements.
Strong leadership is an integral part of the role and success of the overall department. The role will require an autonomous leader who can deal with day-to-day issues as well as strategise for the future.
RESPONSIBILITIES / TASKS
- Ensure a right first time philosophy is rigorously adopted.
- Ensure product is built to the current work instruction/drawing as required.
- Identify issues for improvement that will enhance product integrity in a timely manner.
- Ensure all quality checks are completed in a timely manner
- Ensure snagging is carried out to the required standard and any highlighted yellow snags are countersigned to confirm quality assurance.
- Work closely with the Material Controller to ensure timely delivery of labour and materials
- Monitor KPI’s and take corrective action as appropriate to ensure adherence to schedule, productivity and quality standards.
- Ensure the workforce is appropriately skilled and are regularly reviewed for skill, effort and attitude. Where there is an issue coach and mentor the individual.
- Ensure adherence to Work Instructions/Drawings
- Experience in supervising a team
- Working knowledge of quality systems
- Health and Safety qualified and able to carry out risk assessments, Hazard ID etc
- Able to read drawings and impact on production
- NPI process knowledge including routine changes and NSO’s
- Lean Manufacturing basics - Problem solving techniques, A3 reporting, visual management, 6S
- Project Management – able to plan, organise and lead projects