Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
£40,000 - £45,000
over 1 year ago
Project Accountant - Financial Analyst
£40-50k + Bonus & Benefits
Techniche Global are supporting a Global Engineering Technology organisation with appointing a Finance Analyst to oversee Project Accounting duties for the EMEA organisation.
The role will be based from their Gatwick office in Sussex. Other UK locations are available (Essex & Aberdeen) however Gatwick is preferred bade location.
Reporting into the Global Financial controller the scope of the role will include liaison with US parent entities along with other operations across the EMEA region with core operations in Aberdeen, the Middle East and South East Asia.
With recent company structure changes to incorporate a Global Joint Venture with a world leading Energy Engineering organisation; This is a unique opportunity to join a global blue-chip Technology Engineering brand at the forefront of their next chapter.
Reporting directly to the EMEA Financial Controller supporting Project Controlling / Project Accounting for the EMEA Region covering major countries.
The scope of the role will be split between project controlling activities and Financial Planning/Analysis role for the Global Organisation with a dotted reporting to the Global Controller.
• Relevant accounting qualification in finance (Qualified / Part qualified)
• Knowledge of US GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
• Minimum of 2 years of finance experience, preferably in an international company
• Fluent in English (written and verbal)
• Strong Excel skills required
• Diligent, analytical skills
Detailed Duties & Responsibilities:
- Project Control
- Detailed review of projects during the monthly project reviews.
- Follow up of Open items in the Project review
- Month end review of Project Summary report validating the revenue and cost recognition by project and tie back to Trial Balance.
- Monthly review of key balance sheet items such as Unbilled and Accounts receivables.
- Support EMEA Financial Controller on:
- General FPS support relating to EMEA consolidation and reporting.
- Support Global Controller on:
- Preparation and consolidation of reporting packages such as Profit and Loss, Balance sheet, variations causals
- Upload and retrieve of financial data in HFM/HP Including Quarterly Forecast and AOP.
- Supporting Manager in other ad-hoc tasks
- Ensure Sox/US GAAP compliance. Effective internal controls and control weakness remediation on a timely manner.
- Compliance with order approval process as per company procedures
- Revenue recognition policy compliance