Poole, United Kingdom
£35,000 - £40,000/annum
about 1 year ago
My client is a Global Leader in the Oil & Energy Industry and they are seeking to appoint a Project Buyer to join their team. This can be on a Contract basis or Permanent.
These are key appointments which will contribute to overall commercial, economic and technical success of projects, representing the procurement function on the project team and ensuring costs are optimized, goods are procured and delivered to meet the defined project requirements.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Strong commercial knowledge and negotiation skills.
- Extensive experience in project purchasing environment.
- Strong teamwork ethic.
- Ability to work on own and manage time and multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience of sourcing capital equipment.
What Will Put You Ahead:
- Industry experience in sourcing medium/heavy capital equipment in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings.
- Experience of ERP systems.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Global procurement experience.
- CIPS qualified.
- Degree qualified in Technical or Supply Chain discipline or equivalent
The ideal candidate will have excellent supplier management and communication skills, strong time management skills and a commitment to meeting strict deadlines.
Position: Project Buyer
Industry: Oil & Energy
Salary: Permanent: £35,000 - £40,000
Contract: £20/hr - £30/hr PAYE (LTD & Umbrella rates available)
Start: Notice Dependant