Home/Remote based , United Kingdom
about 2 months ago
Location: Fully remote during the Pandemic. Home/Remote & Office based split (50%/50%) post pandemic.
Locality: Office presence required in Plymouth, post Pandemic 50% of the time.
Rate: £60 p/hr Ltd
Existing Security Clearance Require: Yes – Essential Valid SC (last used within 12 months)
Duration: 6 months initially
Techniche are working with a UK Defence Contractor to appoint a Project Cost Engineer. You will have accountability for the delivery of a high quality project and programme cost engineering services across Nuclear Facilities.
- You will have experience in applying budgeting and cost control techniques within a complex environment.
- Awareness of various contracting methodologies (eg FIDIC/NEC3/JCT etc…)
- Advanced knowledge of cost management techniques
- Have intermediate to advanced Excel skills, good knowledge of MS Office and ERP systems (experience utilising IFS is an asset).
- Have excellent stakeholder management and communication skills (written and oral) and a good understanding of Project Management principles and methodologies
- Experience within the Naval Marine Industry, or other highly regulated industry (but not essential).
- Degree/HNC or equivalent level in an Engineering/Technical Subject, or as determined by the Nuclear Facilities PMO Manager and Head of Cost Control.
The Nuclear Facilities Project Cost Engineer shall be professionally accountable to the Head of Cost Control (Submarines). Day-to-day functional management will be via the local project team.
Key elements of the post include;
- Maintain a safety first approach in all projects/programme activities and foster the company safety culture and Guiding Principles.
- Assist with develop the project cost control strategy, plans and procedures
- Understand how the contract type used (i.e. target price, fixed price etc.) can affect the total project cost.
- Coordinate development and implementation of project WBS and CBS in concert with the Project Manager and Project Planner.
- Participate in the development of project execution plans.