Andover, United Kingdom
£33 - 36000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Techniche Global are working with a long established electronics manufacturing specialists based in Andover, which provides solutions for technically challenging applications within the micro-electronics sector, including Defence, Oil & Gas, Marine Rescue, Medical Devices, Automotive etc.
We are supporting their Automotive EV team, to appoint a new Project Engineer to own and support various project elements within a multi-customer environment, focusing on electric vehicle power system research, development and manufacture.
- Owns, maintains and controls project time plans to ensure both customers and internal engineering staff are aware of their work activities, responsibilities and deliverables.
- Monitors the performance of internal project stakeholders, as tracked via time plans, escalating slippage and advising of specific corrective actions required.
- Works with high attention to detail with clear and precise reporting skills and the ability to present confidently to senior management.
- Promotes and coordinates cost reduction activities to deliver vehicle cost targets and quality/customer satisfaction improvement activities.
- To liaise with customers on all project related topics as well as attending project, technical and commercial discussions on behalf of the company, reporting on project progress.
- Supports internal and external build activities, including on-site at various OEM locations around the UK and Europe (within government travel guidelines), as required.
- Supports the business in developing an APQP process and culture leading to the successful delivery of all project attributes, fostering a ‘right first time’ approach and providing guidance and leadership to the wider engineering team.
- To embrace and improve the business continuous improvement process from a point of ‘best practice’ to help develop the EV division to reduce waste and become more efficient.
- Degree in Electrical, Electronic or Mechanical engineering disciplines.
- Project engineering experience, ideally within an automotive OEM or first tier supplier environment.
- Ability to interrogate and analyse data and clearly document actions and processes.
- Knowledge and experience of problem solving and improvement techniques.