Plymouth, United Kingdom
£40.00 - £45.00 per hour (Outside of IR-35)
7 months ago
Project Engineer (Construction)
Rate: £40-45 per hour (Outside IR-35)
Duration: 6 months
Techniche are working with a large Marine Engineering Manufacturer who are seeking an experienced Project Engineer with construction industry knowledge for a period of initially 6 months.
The Project Engineer assignment will be supporting the major upgrade of a large dockyard facility. The role will provide construction engineering support for to the project. Overseeing various new and existing contracts, subcontractors and services during the construction phase.
Duties will primarily include managing project scope documentation for all aspects of the infrastructure upgrades currently taking place at the site. This includes equipment purchase through to physical site development works. This will include the following disciplines:
- Services, Diversions & Substations
- Electrical Services
- Buildings (HVAC)
- Water Systems
- HNC or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Ideally hold an Association of Project Managers (APM) qualification.
- The ability to self-manage, project manage and interface with the customer with little senior management guidance are essential attributes for this role.
- Significant experience gained within a Project Delivery team
- Good knowledge of IFS
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Thorough understanding of the Project Management function within an organisation
- High level of time-management and organisational skills