Plymouth, United Kingdom
29 days ago
Project Engineer (Planning)
6 months initially
Techniche are working with an engineering defence contractor to appoint a Project Engineer (Planning). This is offered as a hybrid role, 60% will be onsite at Devonport Dockyard and the rest will be working from home. This role requires current, valid SC Clearance.
· Create baselined schedule programmes using data from the facility requirement and ensure that the correct level of logic is incorporated to support the Programme/Project Managers requirement.
· Maintain project programmes & WBS tasking within Primavera P6 / Microsoft Project.
· Facilitate meetings with Project and Production teams Heads of Department and Design and Safety Teams to actively collect progress information and updates of Primavera P6 / Microsoft Project work schedules.
· Maintain the Primavera P6 interfaces / Microsoft Project with other facility programmes.
· Develop and update as necessary individual network programmes/deadline dates /plans to meet facility requirements in conjunction with Heads of Department (HOD), project leads & Subject Matter Experts (SMEs). The programmes developed are required to meet FTSG Project objectives as far as reasonably practicable.
· Carry out Periodic update of programmes to identifying deviations from Baseline and recommend corrective actions where necessary to resource managers.
· Generate Cost Account Codes, prior to loading data in Primavera P6 / Microsoft Project & PEPs.
· Provide the Senior Scheduling and Project Controls Manager/HoDs/Project Managers with routine and ad-hoc detailed reports /resource loading graphs /expenditure reports /sub-contract status information /gant charts /activity tables and progress reports, including maintenance of reports and relevant coding (VB, SQL etc) if required.
· Provide progress reports for each baselined project, to HODs for inclusion in the monthly Performance review.
· To promote and represent the Babcock in a professional and responsible manner, deputising for other Senior Scheduling and Project Controls Manager when necessary