Bedford, United Kingdom
about 2 months ago
Job Duration – 12 months rolling
39 core working hours Mon-Thurs 8am-5pm, Fri 8am-1.20pm,
Deliverables and KPIs
Prepare, manage and deliver the development program to meet QCT (Quality, Cost, Timing) targets against the Master Schedule.
- Ownership and proactive delivery of Project KPI’s (QCT).
- Maintain understanding and visibility of the Vehicle development status against its performance metrics (quality cost timing KPI’s), and communicate to line management and Assistant Chief Vehicle Engineer accordingly taking recovery actions where necessary
- Lead the preparation for Milestone Meetings, working proactively and cross functionally with all stakeholders to ensure a good understanding of the development status and prepare recovery plans where necessary.
- To coordinate cross functional & cross cultural global Alliance activities.
- Use strong analytical skills alongside technical knowledge to prepare, develop and review engineering proposals and schedules
- Promote, support and liaise with R&D engineering sections to: share project information, progress engineering concern resolution, facilitate cross-functional problem solving and manage project manpower against budgets.
- Support production builds in Alliance plants in order to ensure closure of key concerns raised through production trials, safe -launch, test and evaluation using technical analysis/knowledge.
- Promote and co-ordinate cost reduction activities – to deliver vehicle cost targets – and quality/customer satisfaction improvement activities.
- Where appropriate, propose and support with knowledge sharing and process improvement activities within the Department.
- Works with a high attention to detail with clear and precise reporting skills and the ability to present confidently to senior management.
- Technical prowess and keen curiosity in Automotive Engineering and Manufacturing, leading to an engineering background with a broad experience of vehicle development and a clear understanding the development process
- Strong experience of stakeholder, and vehicle development project management – as well as digital development, physical development and technical concern analysis
- Self-motivation to proactively identify what needs to be done rather than waiting to be told, by tracking, monitoring and reporting on assigned tasks.
- Ability to manage multiple complex work streams.