Aberdeen, United Kingdom
£55,000 - £65,000 + Bonus & Benefits
4 months ago
£55-65k + Benefits & Bonus
Techniche Global are supporting a Technology Engineering organisation with appointing an experience Project Manager to oversee digital operational technology projects in the Oil & Gas sector.
The Project Manager has the overall responsibility for managing all aspects of the execution of the contract or projects, to the satisfaction of the client, whilst maximizing the long term commercial success of the business and contributing to the overall business strategy.
The project manager will report to the Project Management lead and work closely with business unit managers to ensure that all identified requirements of the project are met, as well as, on time delivery while meeting or exceeding the financial objectives, without compromising quality.
The Project Manager is the project interface between the Customer and Business, accountable for developing and maintaining customer relationships and supporting safe working practices within the project.
- Oil & Gas projects background
- Engineering project management experience
- Prince 2 or PMP certified
- An understanding or previous exposure to Control Systems or Safety Systems within past projects
Role & Responsibilities:
- Responsible to the sponsor/s of the project for the project success as defined in the project charter (internal projects) or project contract (external projects)
- Responsible for the management of relationships with the stakeholders (internal and external) of the project, including the communication, information provisioning, and expectations management
- Responsible for holding the kickoff and other project meetings and effectively communicating the project status to the sponsor/s, stakeholders and project teams, including scheduling, minutes of meetings, and recording and tracking all actions identified in meetings. This includes any follow up communication after the meeting or site visit.
- Responsible for meeting contractual conditions, all applicable specifications and managing commercial and technical risks and opportunities
- Responsible for ensuring the management of the requirements process for the project, including identification, collection, analysis and documentation, verification, testing, change control and completion of the requirements for the entire scope of the project.
- Responsible for the planning and execution of the project with the support of the cross functional team to include:
- Creating a detailed schedule for all aspects of the project, Setting the prioritization of work to meet deadlines,
- Creating, executing and maintaining the project communication plan.
- Responsible for seeking, gaining support and commitment for the project plan as well as building the cross functional project execution team and assigning responsibilities
- Responsible for the identification, management and facilitation for all interfaces within the project.
- Responsible for the execution, monitoring and control of the project. This includes change management, configuration management, and schedule and financial management
- Tracking the task execution to ensure that the project stays on plan
- Identifying and analyzing execution variances
- Determining the course of action required with the cross functional team
- Executing corrective actions and ensuring communication occurs
- Responsible for the management of changes to the project by working with cross functional organizations by, but not limited to identification (recording in the MOC), impact analysis, planning and execution. Also coordinating costing and pricing with Quotes, Commercial, Sales, Quality, Manufacturing and Engineering as well as working with Sales on any VORs/VOs
- Responsible for project risk management for the initiation, planning, execution, and transition phases of the project.
- Responsible for managing project financials, including budgeting, forecasting, cash flow, identifying the timing of project financials for revenue recognition and costs, tracking costs, and analyzing variances and to meet or exceed bid margins
- Responsible for the coordination and completion of all activities for the Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) and/or Systems Integration Testing (SIT), and any additional follow up activities as necessary
- Responsible for the capture, documentation and delivery of the lessons learned in a project
- Complete all project transition activities including evaluation of project performance, archiving of documents and close out report
- Develop and participate in departmental improvement projects and highlight areas for improvement
- Development of Project Coordinator/s and mentoring of new or less experienced Project Managers