£24 - 28/hour
5 months ago
As Project Manager you will be responsible for maintaining understanding and visibility of the Vehicle development status against performance metrics including quality, cost and timing KPIs.
Deliverables and KPIs
- Work proactively and cross functionally with all stakeholders to ensure a good understanding of the development status
- Prepare, develop and review engineering proposals and schedules
- Promote, support and liaise with R&D engineering sections to: share project information, progress engineering concern resolution, facilitate cross-functional problem solving and manage project manpower against budgets.
- Support production builds in Alliance plants in order to ensure closure of key concerns raised through production trials, safe -launch, test and evaluation using technical analysis/knowledge.
- Promote and co-ordinate cost reduction activities – to deliver vehicle cost targets – and quality/customer satisfaction improvement activities.
- Technical prowess and keen curiosity in Automotive Engineering and Manufacturing, leading to an engineering background with a broad experience of vehicle development and a clear understanding the development process
- Strong experience of stakeholder, and vehicle development project management – as well as digital development, physical development and technical concern analysis
- Selfmotivation to proactively identify what needs to be done rather than waiting to be told, by tracking, monitoring and reporting on assigned tasks.
- Ability to manage multiple complex work streams.
- An ability to interrogate and analyse data and clearly document actions and processes.
- High proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Project cost management experience.