€75-80k + 10% Bonus + Company Car
19 days ago
Project Manager – Software Engineering (Industrial Systems)
Vacancy highlights and key points:
- Software background (not specifically automation, must have software experience i.e. Java etc)
- Technical background, people management skills, budget and financial management
- Projects are €50k to €1m
- Salary is €75-80k + 10% Bonus + Company Car
Must be local to Karlsruhe, Germany
- Performs all aspects of project management functions.
- Manages execution of assigned projects within margin targets and customer schedules.
- Manages and reports all resource demand and financial aspects of assigned projects.
- Applies complex and advanced project management and scheduling techniques.
- May participate in development of business team strategic plan.
- Must be able and willing to travel and work at customer sites, including industrial plants, etc. (~ 20% of working time)
- Supports Quality Manager with respect to internal / external audits
- Acts as a company representative for assigned projects.
- Complete responsibility for successful outcome of projects. Manages single projects up to $10M and/or a multiple project portfolio of up to 10 projects.
- Manage subcontracts that include labour and/or fixed price Third Party deliverables.
- Responsible for meeting project schedule, margin, and customer satisfaction targets.
- Contributes to partnerships at the business management level of key customers.
- Deliver projects to the quality standards and constraints dictated by the business and the customer’s industry
- Prepares & Negotiates Change Orders with customer.
- Ensures that all project administration is completed and project files are maintained according to RA standards.
- Able to assist in the preparation and presentation of quotes, sales proposals, and contracts to the customer in compliance with company policies and standards, obtaining the appropriated approvals
- Responsible for following all applicable corporate, company, governmental and regulatory policies and procedures as appropriate for this position.
- Prepares and leads internal project reviews
- Leads efforts of project personnel on complex projects.
- Coaches and mentors less-experienced engineers assigned to projects.
- Acts as mentor for less-experienced project managers.
- Leads project teams typically employing up to 20 engineering professionals and coordinates activities with support teams and other capabilities.
- Leads internal project process improvement efforts.
- Responsible for resource scheduling to meet project plan requirements.
- Serves as the primary interface with customer for assigned projects.
- Supports an environment conducive to successful team interaction.
- Must have excellent negotiation skills.
- Acts professional in communication with other departments
- Act as a coach in interpersonal conflict situations
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Engineering discipline or equivalent knowledge; further education in business administration, operations, or project management is a plus, i. e. PMP Certification
- Software industry experience
- Typically requires 3 or more , three or more years’ experience in a system, software, process automation or application engineering capacity and proven documented project management experience
- Extensive experience with direct customer contact, able to moderate cross-cultural
- German language skills, and excellent English language (verbal and written) skills
- Familiar with PMI and iPM standards
- Conversant with MS Project and all MS software products Excel, Access, Word, etc.
- Work permit for Germany
- Understanding of other cultures and their ways of thinking and working