Home / Remote Based, United Kingdom
£55-60k + 15% Bonus, Private Health Care, 12% combined Pension, Additional Company Benefits
3 months ago
Proposals Engineer (Process Controls & Instrumentation)
Location: Home / Remote Based permanently
Travel: Once or twice per year (minimal)
Package: £55-60k + 15% Bonus, Private Health Care, 12% combined Pension, Additional Company Benefits
Techniche are working with a Global Engineering & Technology organisation, supporting the appointment of an experienced Instrumentation & Process Control Systems professional in the position of Proposals Engineer.
This is a home based position with very seldom travel (once or twice a year) to company offices. All activity will take place via Microsoft Teams. This setup will remain after the Covid Pandemic and was already in place prior to the recent working from home regulations were enforced. It will require an individual with strong self motivation as there will be minimal supervision or face to face interaction.
The organisation provide full life cycle technology engineering services within the Process Control, Instrumentation and Operational Technology market (PLC, SCADA & DCS). Primarily serving Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Offshore and Energy markets.
This role will be focusing specifically within the Measurement, Metering & Instrumentation Business Stream. The position requires an experienced Engineer who has hands on Technical experience of engineering solutions for Process Controls (PLC, SCADA, DCS) or instrumentation or Measurement & Metering. Whilst also having exposure and a background in outlining systems proposals for tenders to customers:
- 5 years experience in either Process Control Systems (PLC, SCADA, DCS), Industrial Automation, Controls & Instrumentation or Measurement & Metering Systems
- Recent experience in outlining and completing proposals
- Commercial acumen
- Negotiation Skills
- Experience in managing complex RFQ’s (Request for quote)
- Background in working with different levels of customers in the Oil & Gas market (EPC, Engineering contractors, End Users)
- Any industry background will be considered, but any knowledge of Oil & Gas or Petrochemical/Offshore sectors will be advantageous.
This position is responsible for all aspects of Engineering Proposal Development supporting the business including preparation and completion of all deliverables, completion of internal cost reviews and completing the tender on time to meet customer and company requirements.
- Primary customer contact during RFQ process.
- Determine timing and necessary resources to complete the comprehensive proposal.
- Manage specification review to ensure a technical offering that provides the most effective and competitive solution to the customer.
- Manage customer commercial documents and facilitate internal functional reviews to ensure commercial offer meets company requirements.
- Generate detailed and accurate pricing estimates by managing both internal and external suppliers/vendors.
- Facilitate bid clarifications after presentation of the initial offer if required.
- Manage monthly updates to management on status of major win and/or losses.
- Manage status of assigned proposals in the company quote tracking system.
- Manage PO to quote handoff process with project execution team and/or order management.